My wife and I have been extremely fortunate to have lived in San Carlos for 32 years. Yvette is currently the librarian at Heather Elementary School and my sons are
employed in mobile game design and computer hardware development.
During my earliest years in San Carlos, I coached AYSO soccer. Later, I served on the San Carlos Arts and Culture Commission, San Carlos Museum Board, the
Economic Development Advisory Committee, the San Carlos Planning Commission and the San Carlos Residential Design Review Committee. I also served as
president for San Carlos Sister Cities Association and the Canada College Presidential Advisory Committee. I am a member of our Chamber of Commerce and board
member of the Tahoe Tyrol Homeowners Association. After Katrina, I participated in the Chamber volunteer work group that traveled to Pass Christian to rebuild
During my last four years on City Council, I have focused on balancing our budget while maintaining the excellence of our police and fire services, enhancing our
parks and fields with outsourced maintenance labor, developing our transit oriented housing, acquiring a community grant for east-side improvements and introducing
new climate action plans. Our $3.5M structural deficit was solved in 18 months, mostly during 2010 when I served as Mayor of San Carlos.
My finance education at USF and MBA at USC provide me with strong analytical expertise. I refined these skills during my 23 year career at HP where I collaborated in
several complex, high-tech investment scenarios. During my past four years at HP/Agilent, I was acting CFO of three Silicon Valley start-ups where I provided
leadership, financial consulting and communication with management, investors and the board of directors.
My personal interests include photography/Photoshop, San Carlos history, woodworking, travel, long walks with Mia (our lab), skiing and golf.
Why do I want to run for City Council? I thrive on community involvement and enjoy achieving results that help others. I am engaged, experienced
and eager to guide our city through the next four years. I have established leadership skills and solid long-term relationships. I am passionate about
working with my fellow council members and would be honored to serve you on our City Council.
Please click on "Goals" above which will provide further information on my past and proven City accomplishments and future City challenges.
Please email me and let me know your thoughts or questions about issues facing our City of San Carlos. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Council Committee Member of following organizations:
* San Mateo County Library JPA * Harbor Industrial Association (HIA)
* 2+2 City Council/School Board Joint Committee * Housing and Regional Trust (HEART) - Board of Directors
* Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) * Housing and Regional Trust (HEART) - City Representative
* Belmont - San Carlos Fire Department JPA Board * League of California Cities
* C/CAG Regional Housing Needs Assessment (RHNA) * Parks and Recreation Commission (Council Liaison)
* Council of Cities * San Carlos Together (Council Liaison)
* Council Finance Subcommittee (Council Ad Hoc Committee) * Wheeler Plaza Subcommittee (Council Ad Hoc Committee)
* Economic Development Advisory Commission (EDAC) (Council Liaison)